1. Why does your skin appear dull after drinking?
Alcohol dehydrates your skin and depletes it of vital skin nutrients
2. If you overindulge in alcohol, what long-term effect on facial blood vessels occur?
Drinking alcohol causes facial blood vessels to dilate. Excessive alcohol can cause the vessels to dilate permanently. This causes red spiky veins.
3. Does alcohol consumption affect other skin conditions such as rosacea and psoriasis?
Alcohol may aggravate these skin conditions and cause additional flare ups
4. Which foods should you avoid when suffering a hangover?
Anything fried. Choose nutrient rich foods to reverse some of the negative effects of the drinking from the night before, whole grain toast for example
5. Alcohol depletes which beneficial vitamin?
Vitamin A, an important anti-oxidant
6. Why is vitamin A beneficial to the skin?
Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant that boosts collagen production and skin cell turnover
7. What is the primary physical trait of heavy drinkers?
Heavy drinkers usually have rosy cheeks, a red nose or a flushed face
8. What should you drink along with alcohol to avoid dehydration?
Drinking water along with alcohol will counteract the effects of the alcohol and will decrease dehydration
9. The toxins in alcohol can contribute to what unattractive skin flaw?
Alcohol can cause the build up of cellulite
10. After several drinks, the body will divert oxygen and blood away from where?
The skin. Skin loses important blood circulation because oxygen and blood is diverted to the liver and other organs